[Dubai, March 11, 2012] Global loyalty management leader, Aimia, today announced an extension to its agreement with anchor partner HSBC for its participation in the Air Miles programme in the Middle East.
The extension to the partnership, which has run for over a decade, means members will continue to collect Air Miles twice every time they use their HSBC credit card alongside their Air Miles Middle East card at partner outlets and will now also benefit from HSBC increasing its investment in the Air Miles programme. This will provide HSBC’s customers with an improved value proposition for the Air Miles they currently hold and all new miles issued, including better rewards.
Mark Mortimer-Davies, Air Miles Middle East CEO, says: “We are delighted our joint venture partner, HSBC, has extended the agreement for its participation in the Air Miles programme. HSBC’s ongoing commitment and increased investment in the programme and its customers reflects the strength of Air Miles as the leading coalition programme in the region.”
Marcus Cleverton, HSBC Head of Cards for the MENA region, adds: “One of HSBC’s key priorities is to offer our customers the best value from a loyalty programme. For our Premier customers, who lead a global lifestyle, a world-class travel rewards programme is an integral value-add. By extending our agreement with the Air Miles programme, HSBC will continue to benefit from a strong market differentiator, with our increased investment ensuring our Air Miles proposition is made more rewarding for our customers.”
Dubai-based Air Miles member, Kimberley Leonard, who has collected Air Miles for over five years and is also an HSBC cardholder says: “This is great news for customers. I’m sure all members will be pleased to hear the agreement may lead to even better rewards in the future.”
Air Miles Middle East operates throughout the UAE, Qatar and Bahrain and its 1.2 million active members can collect Air Miles at over 120 market-leading companies, including HSBC, Spinneys, Lamcy Plaza and Damas.
For more media information or an interview, please contact Ian Hainey at IHC for Air Miles Middle East on +971 50 466 1368, firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to the editor:
About Air Miles Middle East
- Air Miles Middle East is the region’s largest loyalty programme and managed by Rewards Management Middle East, which is 60 per cent owned by Aimia, a global leader in loyalty management.
- Air Miles Middle East has delivered over 760,000 rewarding experiences to its members since launching in 2001
- If you placed the 1.7 million issued air miles cards in the region side by side they would stretch from Dubai to Abu Dhabi (approximately 120km) Air Miles Middle East employs over 20 nationalities, helping the organisation truly understand its multi-cultural membership
- Air Miles outlets are present in each of the top ten UAE malls
- There are an average of 93 million Air Miles redeemed monthly by members on Flight Rewards, which is the distance from the earth to the sun
- Aimia is a global leader in loyalty management. Aimia's unique capabilities include proven expertise in delivering proprietary loyalty services, launching and managing coalition loyalty programmes, creating value through loyalty analytics and driving innovation in the emerging digital and mobile spaces
- Aimia owns and operates Aeroplan, Canada's premier coalition loyalty programme and Nectar, the United Kingdom's largest coalition loyalty programme
- In addition, Aimia has majority equity positions in Air Miles Middle East and Nectar Italia as well as a minority position in Club Premier, Mexico's leading coalition loyalty programme and Cardlytics, a US-based private company operating in merchant-funded transaction-driven marketing for electronic banking
- Aimia is a Canadian public company listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: AIM) and has over 3,800 employees in more than 20 countries around the world. For more information about Aimia, please visit www.aimia.com