Aimia, the company behind the Nectar loyalty programme, was one of the main winners at the inaugural Loyalty Awards for Europe and the Middle East held on 12 June at the Grosvenor House Hotel in London.
Nectar, the UK’s most popular loyalty programme which now has 18.5 million collectors, picked up the award for “Best card-based loyalty programme.” Several of Nectar’s partners, including British Gas and Homebase, were also recognised for their innovative use of the programme and for marketing campaigns they have run to promote it.
More than 700 marketing professionals attended the event which included entries from 50 companies across Europe including, Italy, Middle East, Turkey, Greece, Germany, Poland and Russia.
David Johnston, President and CEO of Aimia, EMEA said:
“It’s great to see loyalty programmes and loyalty marketers being recognised for the contribution that they make to improving customer relationships and building long term profitability. The marketers who won at the Loyalty Awards are leveraging loyalty to provide incredible returns on marketing investment day in, day out.”
Nectar’s partners won awards in the following categories:
- Best New Loyalty Programme of the Year: British Gas
- Best B2B Loyalty Programme: Dulux Decorator Centres
- Best use of Customer Analytics/Data in a Loyalty Programme: Homebase
- Best Loyalty Programme of the Year – FMCG: Kenco
- Best Loyalty Programme of the Year – Retail: Non Food: BP
- Best Use of Communications in a Loyalty Programme: Nectar and easyJet
- Best Loyalty Programme of the Year – Utilities: British Gas
Birmingham City Council was also highly commended in the Best CSR Initiative Linked to Loyalty category for its work with Nectar which saw the Council offering residents Nectar points for recycling and leisure centre use.
For further information, please contact:
Megan Ratcliffe, Aimia
020 7152 4881
Emma Dennis, Fishburn Hedges
020 7839 4321