As a socially responsible company, we are accountable to all our stakeholders, and to every community and country we call home. This belief in both our responsibility and our ability to drive positive impact is guiding the evolution of our social purpose. From our commitment to carbon neutrality — Aimia has been carbon neutral since 2008 — to our focus on skills-based giving and being a great place to work, we are committed to being a great global corporate citizen.
Together, we not only make business personal, we make business personal for the common good.
- Aimia ranks on the 2017 Corporate Knights’ Best 50 Corporate Citizens in Canada
- Aimia ranks on the 2016 Corporate Knights’ Best 50 Corporate Citizens in Canada – see our journey since 2008
- Recognized on Corporate Knights Future 40 Responsible Corporate Leaders in Canada (ranking #18/40)
- Achieved Canadian Climate Disclosure Leadership Index (CDLI) on the CDP (Carbon Disclosure Project)
- Received a Guardian Award for Social Impact and a Lord Mayor’s Dragon Award for our innovative and impactful approach to Data Philanthropy
- Launched Aimia Supplier Code of Ethics, deployed first with our rewards suppliers around the world
- Stakeholders consultations involving 2,000+ key stakeholders in Canada and the UK leading to key social purpose priorities identification
- Launched Aimia Code of Ethics — replacing previous codes inherited through acquisitions
- Adopted of Aimia’s 5-year Social Purpose Roadmap (2014-2019)
- Launched Aimia’s Global Social Purpose
- Groupe Aeroplan officially becomes Aimia and listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange using the symbol AIM
- First year achieving carbon neutrality and reporting on the CDP
Our business and social purpose are built on trust and reciprocity.
We believe that real relationships develop from conversations, meaningful interactions and emotional engagement. All this is made possible by trust and reciprocity — the foundation of everything we do.
Social Purpose Roadmap (2014-2019)
In 2013, to guide and accelerate our way forward, we held dozens of conversations with Aimia leaders around the world. This dialogue led to the adoption of our five-year social purpose roadmap (2014-2019), which explores opportunities in three focus areas: Loyalty for Good, Employees & Communities and Responsible Business Practices.
The roadmap focuses, stimulates and aligns our efforts across Aimia as never before.
Our ambition — By 2019
- Have solid evidence of our social impact through loyalty
- Be known for our distinctive culture and our volunteer engagement models that leverage our employees’ unique skills, strengths and passions
- Affirm our leadership in the most material aspects of our business
In our business, we use data to help our clients build strong relationships with their best customers. In this same way, by understanding what is most important to our key stakeholders, we have been able to refine our social purpose activities and focus on those activities where Aimia can have a distinct and deep impact.
To better understand what is important to our stakeholders, in 2014 we consulted more than 2,000 people – customers, members, partners, employees, investors and regulators. These discussions brought clarity to what’s important to our stakeholders and helped us align these issues with our social purpose roadmap’s three focus areas — Loyalty for Good, Employees & Communities, and Responsible Business Practices.
They also placed us in a better position to meet stakeholder expectations; foster trust; leverage our unique skills to drive social good; and sustain high financial performance. By integrating these issues into our decision-making, we will create value and:
- Stay abreast of developments that could significantly impact our business, trust and reputation
- Concentrate scarce resources where we can have the most meaningful impact
- Start the process of setting non-financial benchmarks and metrics, so we can more easily track progress and fuel continuous improvement
Vital for our stakeholders, vital for us
To operate responsibly, it’s important to first understand what stakeholders expect. The factors below — in addition to financial metrics — contribute to our attractiveness as an investment, an employer of choice and a preferred supplier for global leading brands.
The accountability for Aimia’s social purpose lies with our Board of Directors Governance and Nominating Committee. To activate our strategy, we count on a core social purpose leadership team with representatives established in every region where we operate.
To view the Aimia Code of Ethics click here
To view the Aimia Suppliers Code of Ethics, click here