It is an exciting time to consider joining AIMIA as a Solutions Architect. This position will be reporting directly to the Head of Product Engineering and will provide leadership and direction to the Solution Architecture team, while ensuring on-time delivery & quality.
This leader will be responsible for overall solutions design services & delivery with an overriding commitment to the highest standards of quality in all areas of solution architecture, while reducing the rework, improving consistency, quality and speed of delivery.
The Solutions Architect will work close with the Business Analysts, Developers, QA teams and Project Managers, Client Services and Clients to ensure that solution definitions, IA and designs are complete, consistent, concise, comprehensible, traceable, feasible, unambiguous and verifiable.
- Provide ownership of the Solution Architecture discipline within Aimia and ensure only the highest quality deliverables from the Solution Architecture team.
- Ensure a consistent approach to Solution Architecture that provides all stakeholders with the information they require
- Lead technical solutioning, design and verification, while ensuring that designs are complete, consistent, concise, comprehensible, traceable, feasible, unambiguous and verifiable, and that they conform to standards
- Ensure that each phase within the life cycle are subject to verification and validation, while acting as a gatekeeper & approver throughout.
- Define solutioning/design attributes and facilitate their use throughout the project
- Coordinate enhancements/changes to existing systems/processes, including analysis, design, documentation, testing, and implementation
- Design solutions according to business requirements and available systems and products
- Oversee system configuration according to business requirements and outline solutions definitions
- Create logical and innovative solutions to complex problems
- Working closely with Business Analysts, developers, testers and a variety of end-users/clients to ensure technical compatibility and client’s satisfaction
- Lead the SA team, ensuring resource levels, skills and quality are maintained to appropriate levels
- Solution/design sign-off to go into the production/live environment
- Provide proactive input into estimates, tender and pre-sales scenarios
- High level of experience in solution architecture techniques and approaches (eg ISEB)
- Proficiency in UML and demonstrable experience in successfully introducing such techniques into the development lifecycle.
- Analytical skills, to critically evaluate the information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a more general understanding, distinguish presented user requests from the underlying true needs, and distinguish solution ideas from requirements
- Strong facilitation skills, to lead requirements elicitation workshops
- Background in the analysis of business systems and the definition of systems
- Great interpersonal skills, to help negotiate priorities and to resolve conflicts among project stakeholders
- Proven experience in solution architecture & design
- Deep technical background in an IT with hands-on experience in software development
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to build relationships with colleagues and all key stakeholders across the business
- Ability to communicate confidently and knowledgeably with all client business representatives, both verbally and in writing. Consistent, strong influencing skills
- Collaborate with other teams and business units in order to provide and leverage the best possible solutions for our clients
- Demonstrate excellent personal management skills to manage business priorities
Apply for this Job
Apply for this job by emailing email@example.com with "Minneapolis, MN, USA: Solutions Architect" in the subject line.