July 23, 2019
Minneapolis, MN, USA
Data Product Manager
- Aimia is a Global leader in providing data driven loyalty solutions to clients worldwide. This role is instrumental in developing our Data platform which is at the heart of our analytics and campaign services
- As Product Manager you will represent the business needs and outcomes required of the Data Platform to the Data engineering team, ensuring that there is a healthy and prioritized roadmap of epics and stories that represent the business needs
- You will be a senior member of the Aimia Product Management team that is responsible for Aimia’s Products across Loyalty, Data and Campaign & Communications
- You will work closely with the Analytics & Insights, Data & Solutions teams to elicit the capabilities required for the Data platform
- This role has the possibility of really setting the agenda for how Aimia takes data driven loyalty forwards for its clients
- You will be the ultimate custodian of the Aimia Data Platform and accountable for its delivery to the business
- A significant element of success in the role will be the ability to demonstrate that Aimia Data Platform can be implemented for a client, quickly, consistently and cost effectively.
- Develop a pragmatic but innovative product roadmap for the Aimia Data Platform that is consistent with the product ethos required and maintains the products position as providing competitive advantage with our solutions
- Create collaborative environment with the business units that encourages ideas generation and evaluation across all client needs. A key to success is engaging with the Insights and Data teams on the data design and how they use the data model
- Help translate the client, business and market needs into product requirements
- Evaluate and prioritise features
- Evaluate and invent new product ideas.
- Work within an Agile engineering team to create appropriate epics and stories that optimise functionality in a client and industry agnostic way
- Work with the engineering teams using the agile ceremonies to ensure continual improvement in the Product development process
- Represent the Date Platform at a global level within Aimia
- Support business development as needed with client opportunities
- Ensure cohesion exists with other product disciplines within Aimia and a method for how changes across other platforms can be understood and fed into the Aimia Data Platform roadmap
- Become the SME across Aimia for the Data Platform
- Be passionate about following good Product practice
- Support implementations, and play an active role being the subject matter expert to support the developers of non-core ETL
- Support estimations of non-core ETL development for implementations.
Key QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Degree in Computing or Data Engineering discipline
- 5 years + in data management roles
- Working knowledge of datawarehousing principles and methodologies
- Demonstrable experience in data warehouse design, data modelling and ETL tooling
- Experience of working in a Product environment within a commercial software organisation is an advantage
- Working knowledge of agile development including Epic and Story writing, story grooming and estimation
- Ability to write clear and unambiguous acceptance criteria and to then validate delivered software against this
- Usage of a variety of techniques for requirements elicitation, analysis, documentation and validation.
- Experience with Pentaho, MySQL, Redshift, Snowflake and Jira an advantage
- Ability to work independently or in teams, taking ownership for managing small pieces of work autonomously
- Ability to think on your feet and make key decisions/compromises quickly within a fast-paced Agile Scrum environment
- Needs to be able to champion data quality standards and liaise with clients and client teams were necessary on the need for good quality data.
Apply for this Job
Apply for this job by emailing email@example.com with "Minneapolis, MN, USA: Data Product Manager" in the subject line.