As a seasoned Full Stack Developer, you will be assigned to one of our product development teams and play a key role in bringing our products to life by delivering performant code. Working in an Agile development environment, you will be involved in the design, development, enhancements, maintenance, testing and delivery of our platforms. You will also get involved in building cutting edge features and products.
The successful candidate must be a self-starter who can work well with minimal guidance, enjoys challenging assignments, and have a passion for working in an inclusive and collaborative working environment.
If you feel you are a match, we have an exciting job for you!
What does it entail?
Specifically, the Full Stack Developer will focus on these critical areas:
- Collaborate with product and project managers, product owners, testers, and team members of the agile team
- Contribute to planning Sprints by helping break down Stories into Tasks/Activities
- Apply defined application standards, governance and secure coding practices
- Utilize disciplined coding practices and application performance concepts to enable agility and delivery of high quality code
- Handle responsive design, accessibility and mobile requirements, leveraging best practices and modern frameworks
- Apply comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks and projects
- Develop innovative technical solutions for a wide range of difficult problems that are consistent with the organization objectives
- Identify potential areas of improvement and evaluate how technological solutions/services can be used to improve the technology platform
- Design, code, unit test and integrate new features and functionality during current Sprints in accordance with Acceptance Criteria defined by the Product Owner and team
- Perform various technical investigative tasks called “Spikes” in order to mitigate technical uncertainty and risk
- Assist in the development of automated test harnesses as necessary to ensure delivery of high quality code
- Update progress daily through the tracking tool (ex. Jira) or Kanban/Agile board.
- Assist the Product Owner to refine and prioritize the Product Backlog including providing initial estimates
- Complete work independently; receive general guidance on new projects
- Contribute to the development of policies and procedures, as and when required
What’s required to succeed?
- A university degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- 5+ years of hands-on IT experience
- Solid knowledge of SQL Databases and Data Storage
- Experience in one or more of the full-stack development frameworks: Node.js, .NET Core, etc.
- Experience in Angular, Vue.js, React.js
- Experience in Git, Sling, OSGi, Apache, Maven, Java/J2EE
- Experience in Agile/DevOps, Jira, Continuous Integration (CI)
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate general understanding of hardware/software platforms including but not limited to operating systems, databases, application servers, web servers and integration technologies
- Advanced testing and troubleshooting skills (unit, system, integration and performance testing)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; can effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical audience
- A passion for helping growing development teams and making others better
Excited by this opportunity? We invite you to apply and start the conversation with us.