This is an exciting time to be joining Aimia IT as we completely transform our Engineering and Architecture practice to ensure a closer alignment between the industry leading Products that we build and the innovative solutions we deliver for clients in the Loyalty, Data and Communications space.
This role manages a key function responsible for the overall delivery of client solutions using Aimia’s Enterprise Products. We are looking for an individual who is passionate about delivering Product based solutions and has the ability to provide the architectural oversight and a hands on approach to technical leadership.
You will have both an outward, client facing role – working with our global solutions consultants to design the best solutions for our clients, but also a very important inwards looking role, role in working closely with our Product teams to ensure that we have the right inputs into our Product Roadmaps.
The role will be judged on the quality of the overall client solution that is implemented and the confidence in the solution of both the client and the wider Aimia team. Ensuring that it not only meets the timescales of the project but that is also uses the Products in the right way such that it can be handed to Services team and run to the SLA’s that are demanded
- You will be delivering high level implementation engineering as well as technical leadership for specific client implementations
- You will provide inputs to the Solution Definition Documents (SDD)
- Work alongside the Solution Consulting team to understand the business outcomes desired by a client and then designing the most appropriate architecture and technical design to meet those outcomes whilst using the Product capabilities available in the most current release of the Product
- You will submit implementation architectures and technical design documents to the Design Review Board, ensuring that all artefacts follow the expected standards in terms of Product usage, documentation, design patterns and fitness for purpose through ensuring sufficient test coverage and approach to test automation
- You will provide overall management for the implementation team responsible for that client solution
- Provide inputs costs on presales for implementation including any non-core development that is required for client system integration
- Provide Design and solution governance to client system integrations, ensuring that any implementation uses the correct interface patterns to the Products as such allowing seamless upgrades to the core products.
- Create solution assets and write code to deliver the client solution
- Assist PM with inputs of activities and tasks required to deliver the solution including test strategy
- Ensure assets are created to manage handover off to BAU service of the solution
- Ensure implementation retrospectives are carried out and create a culture of continuous improvements, ensure knowledge and experiences of all implementations are shared amongst the wider teams
- Focus on consistent quality approach and making use of learning across previous implementations. This involves re-use of design patterns and approaches.
- Ensuring that NFR’s are a clearly articulated deliverable of any implementation
- Provide feedback to the Product teams where changes are required to make subsequent implementations easier and also to assist with new feature elaboration
- Assist with any Change Request estimates – including both the solution and resources required to deliver the change
- Assist the client teams in issue resolution, interacting with clients when needed.
- 5+ years in a Product lead software engineering role, implementing Product based solutions for clients
- Degree in Computer Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent
- Excellent development skills in open source technologies and frameworks such as Spring, Java, MySQL, Mongo
- Experience in AWS technologies.
- Strong background in solution architecture principles including such tools as UML
- Experience in delivering complex projects to time, quality and cost constraints.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to build relationships with colleagues and all key stakeholders across the business
- Collaborates with other teams and business units in order to provide and leverage the best possible solutions for our clients
- Demonstrates excellent personal management skills to manage business priorities
- Experience in working for an SI organization desirable
- Can do attitude
- Commitment to delivery
- Strong team leadership skills, someone who has great mutual respect of their teams
- Great teamworker
- Strong commercial experience
Apply for this Job
Apply for this job by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with "Minneapolis, MN, USA: Implementation Engineer – Technical Lead" in the subject line.