Analyst Analytics & Insights (6 Month Fixed term contract)
MORE ABOUT AIMIA AND WHAT WE DO:
Loyalty management is the process of identifying, understanding and influencing the best customers in order to build sustained, reciprocal and meaningful relationships that increase profits and drive long term enterprise value. We are Aimia and it is our vision to be the recognised global leader in loyalty management.
Across our global enterprise we offer a full suite of services delivered through three loyalty service streams:
- Coalition Loyalty – designing, building and managing multi-partner and shared currency loyalty programs around the globe
- Insights & LoyaltySolutions – designing, building and managing strategic business and customer loyalty programs for individual clients around the globe.
Here in Asia Pacific, Aimia has proven experience in partnering with clients to deliver leading proprietary loyalty programs across the region. Our loyalty service experts design, launch and operate new client programs, re-launch, refresh and operate existing client programs and bring our digital, mobile and analytical expertise to bear on behalf of clients. As we continue on our journey to realise our vision to be the recognised global leader in loyalty management, we are actively building out our capability to offer increased services across the loyalty analytics and coalition loyalty streams. This includes using our data to support our loyalty platforms.
Here in Australia we are a growing team of 120 employees split between our Sydney and Melbourne offices:
- Sydney, located at Level 3, 333 George Street, Sydney, NSW 2000
- Melbourne, located at Tenancy 18, 717 Bourke Street, Docklands, VIC 3008
POSITION OVERALL PURPOSE AND CONTEXT:
Do you enjoy translating business problem into Analytics work and designing the solution? Does combining data from various sources to producing actionable insights gives you the kick? Are you passionate about creating ease, speed and flexibility in Analytics solutions? Does sharing your work and experience make you feel good?
Aimia – ILS is in the data driven business. The Analytics underpins the strategy and insights for our clients and enables the success of Loyalty programs. Thus, creating an appropriate Analytical solution is key to all of ILS’s client engagements. The Senior Analyst Analytics and Insights will be responsible for understanding the client’s requirements and translating into an effect Analytics solutions for the Loyalty AIMIA team and external 3rd party agents or client consumption.
The role is suited to a Analytics professional experienced with various Analytics tools and methodologies, who has excellent Analytics skills and is comfortable in client facing situations.
Focus of the role
- A Client facing role delivering analytical services in loyalty marketing aligned to agreed analytical and strategic objectives
- To support the client Loyalty / CRM program by delivering optimisation of targeted campaigns and customer lifecycle management
- Developing advanced analytical methods to deep dive into the client customer base and program transactional data in order to create opportunity
- Develop partnerships with internal business teams and optimise inter team working processes
- To be responsible for providing program reporting, campaign reporting/insights support and customer insights for assigned clients and internal business teams
- To be responsible for own client BAU activities, ensuring these are delivered on time and to set quality standards
- To drive enhancements to our existing BAU standards and processes, minimizing time spent on these tasks
- To provide direction and training to more junior team members and advocate standard client delivery processes
- To learn Aimia processes, systems and services within the analytics, campaign management and reward services areas
Essential Experience, Skills and Traits:
- Degree in a quantitative discipline (i.e. Computer science, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Data Sciences, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience working with SQL, R, and Tableau in analytics set up
- 2+ years of commercial and data insights experience in marketing services, financial services, telecommunications, airline, retail, hospitality or consulting
- 2+ years’ experience in blending data from multiple sources for Analytics and Insights
- Demonstrated ability in problem solving (using scientific techniques) and being solutions-focused
- Experience and ability to translate business problem into Analytics brief and solution design
- Experience working on multiple projects/clients
- Confident in own ability to present and workshop ideas and concepts with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong organization, planning and multitasking skills
- A self-starter, with high attention to detail and care to deliver accurate and well-presented work
- Great interpersonal skills to effectively drive solution development with internal and external stakeholders
- A team player, capable of guiding others, with a good level of independence
- Enthusiastic and practical with a positive attitude
Why would you not take the role?
- Not comfortable working day to day with clients and supporting their analytical strategy
- Prefer a more technical or academic role
- Looking at advanced analytics role with no reporting or operational requirements
- Don’t enjoy working in a fluid and evolving environment
- Prefer a steady workload consisting of longer lead times for large projects and no tight deadlines
- Not comfortable leading streams of work
Why would you take the role?
- Enthusiasm to progress your career in the analytics field within a leading global organisation that values data and analytics
- Want to have the opportunity to innovate and bring your ideas to fruition and expand your capabilities and experience in a range of cutting edge analytical tools and techniques
- The opportunity to deliver some best in class exploratory predictive analytics on a truly unique loyalty program for a well-known major client
- The opportunity to learn from a broader analytics community and to contribute to the advancement of best practices within country
- Keen to gain experience in informal/formal presentations of your own work to internal/external stakeholders
- Enjoy supporting and training others in the use of data and analytical products
- Confident working with relational databases
- Advanced SQL
- Advanced with Tableau, Power BI, QlikView or equivalent
- Advanced MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Word
- Experience with R, Python
- Experience with Matlab, SPSS or other statistical software/language
- Advanced MS Excel – Macro and VBA
- Experience in data modelling
- Experience with CRM Platforms (Silverpop, Unica, Salesforce Marketing Cloud or equivalent)
- Experience with Web Analytics: Coremetrics, Google Analytics or similar