Software Developers at Aimia are involved in the development, unit testing and documentation of new and existing software while being commitment to the highest standards of quality. As part of the development team, this integral role will utilize your technical skills to deliver software on time. These key elements allow Aimia to continue to develop and release industry leading Loyalty products.
This excited position gives the opportunity for the Software Developer to work closely with the Development/Technical Lead to ensure that solution design, unit test plans and released code meet with client expectations.
• Interpret written functional requirements and technical design documents.
• Challenge assumptions make suggestions and contribute to requirements and design documents.
• Participate in software design activities.
• Perform coding to written design specifications.
• Perform unit and function testing of all code written.
• Investigate, analyze, document and correct reported defects.
• Create, document, and implement unit test plans, scripts.
• Participate in code reviews.
• Create and maintain technical documentation using defined technical documentation templates.
• Work with Development Leads to provide estimates for design, development and unit testing work.
• Record hours and tasks correctly on timesheets to ensure correct recovery of effort
• Five years commercial software development experience.
• A Bachelors and/or Masters degree in Computer Science or similar discipline.
• Experience in both frontend and backend technologies preferably Java.
• Experience of high volume, highly transactional systems
• Solid working knowledge and experience of applying OO principles
• Ability to code software according to published standards and design guidelines.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
• Analysis and design experience advantageous.
• Experience in test driven development
• Experience integrating with 3rd party API’s, e.g. in the social media space and beyond.
• Background working with databases such as MySQL and ideally MongoDB.
• Good understanding of the SDLC, from building, testing, quality enforcement to release (e.g. Maven, JUnit, Cucumber, Sonar, Clover, DBDeloy etc.)
• Good understanding of DevOps/Continuous Delivery and related tools (Puppet, Chef, etc.)
• Good understanding of continuous integration, code coverage tools, source control management tools. For example: JIRA, BitBucket, Bamboo, Jenkins, Artifactory, Crucible, etc.
• Ideally experience of developing cloud based solutions (e.g. AWS/Amazon EC2, RightScale, OpenStack etc), with good knowledge around web/application servers (e.g. Nginx, Apache, JBoss).
Apply for this Job
Apply for this job by emailing email@example.com with "Minneapolis, MN, USA: Java Developer" in the subject line.