Directly reports to: Engineering Manager
Based: London, UK
Travel required: Limited – Although flexibility is required
Aimia and the ISS division has gone through a period of significant change and restructuring over the last 2 years. Given the ISS business’ strategic importance to Aimia it has enjoyed multi £m investment in its technology platforms and is now poised for resurgence and growth.
ISS is a nimble, innovative, technology and people business, with a team that is passionate and proud about what it does. It benefits from the systems, processes, brand and financial disciplines of its Aimia parent; but is run as a standalone operating business, with the empowerment, dynamism and accountability that would perhaps be more indicative of a start-up. It already has an enviable client list, well invested capabilities and a reputation for delivering on its promises. The business is now focused on marketing and rapidly scaling the business without damaging service delivery and on delivering further innovation. Technology is pivotal to its current and future success.
In recent times our technology development has relied heavily on external partners and contract resources, for the next phase of growth we are bringing a number of key roles including this one, inhouse. The intention is to create a high calibre, innovate, agile team across product engineering, data management, data science and product management that are closely aligned to our client and business needs that secures our intellectual property, and empowers our future development roadmap. We are also moving to new premises by the end of the year, so now is the perfect opportunity to join us and help shape the future!
What’s it about:
You will be responsible for leading our existing UI development function, including processes for new and existing software with a commitment to the highest standards of quality.
As part of our development team, you will design patterns for new functionality and work closely with senior / junior developers and make sure the patterns are implemented in the right way.
Key Skills / Competencies:
- Extensive experience in frontend development (HTML, JS, CSS)
- Experience with AngularJS and Angular2+
- Experience with Microservice architecture
- Experienced in team management, ideally onshore / offshore model
- Experience with SPA applications
- Working knowledge of Yarn, NPM, Webpack
- Understanding backend technologies (e.g. dotnet, java, etc.)
- Experience with AWS (or other cloud platforms)
What you’ll be doing:
- Work closely with UI Designers and generate pages from Mockup / wireframes
- Manage onshore and offshore resources and ensure delivery is expedited with quality
- Participate in code reviews to ensure that all solutions are aligned to pre-defined architectural specifications, identify/troubleshoot application code-related issues, and review and provide feedback to any required final user documentation
- Utilize emerging technologies to deliver solutions
- Participate in and drive end-to-end development lifecycle activities of the application, including design, coding, testing and deployment activities
- Troubleshoot complex development and production problems and provide technical solutions with short turnarounds
- You will own and maintain the technical debts backlog. You will be working with Product Owners / Managers to prioritize and fix these technical debts
- As part of the development effort, work with other development teams, testing, operations and architecture groups when changes in technology have cross-impacts across applications; work in concert with the other groups to discuss and address any cross-impacts to the applications.
- Work closely with other product and innovation teams and provide guidance to maintain high engineering standards
- Research and evaluate alternate solutions and provide recommendations for enhancing the application. Provide technical support for the application, including meeting service level and performance requirements; and diagnosing and evaluating inefficient processes/code.
- Perform proof-of-concepts for validating new technology or approach.
- Develop with security in mind, sticking to best practices and keeping up to date with changes in the field
What we would like you to have:
- Can Do attitude
- Flexible and able to perform under pressure
- Extremely quality focused
- Challenge ideas and arguments
- Produces software that is “On Time, Right First Time“
- Takes pride in own work
- Organised and able to work independently as well as a member of team
- Great communicator
Who are we?
At Aimia, we believe in making business personal. We do this by helping companies create better relationships with their best customers. Aimia is a data-driven marketing and loyalty analytics company. We provide our clients with the solutions and customer insights they need to make smarter business decisions and build relevant, rewarding and long-term one-to-one relationships with consumers. Intelligent Shopper Solutions play a key role in providing client solutions today and we are continually evolving these products to help grow all parts of the Aimia business.
We’re incredibly proud of our culture at Aimia. We work in what we call a Nimble way. This doesn’t only apply to our office environment but is also reflected in our approach to the way we work. We’re always on hand to help you perform at your best and have regular performance conversations to make sure we’re on track to achieve our goals. We’ve created an inclusive culture that welcomes and supports everyone at Aimia, and we regularly host events throughout the year to celebrate events from different cultures. While working with us, you’ll have the chance to contribute to our social purpose journey by using one paid working day per year to give back to your local community. We’ve done everything from helping out at charity fashion shows to helping cook breakfast for London’s homeless.
So what are you waiting for? Get in touch to start your journey at Aimia!
Apply for this Job
Apply for this job by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with "London (Strand), United Kingdom: Lead UI Engineer" in the subject line.