Summary of Position Description:
Responsible for general accounting month end activities and reporting for Canadian region business units. Assisting with Finance team projects involving Operations and Systems. Assisting Controller in General Accounting, Internal Controls, Internal and External Audit functions. Participating in ad hoc projects and system implementations impacting Canadian region.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Prepare month end journal entries for designated accounts for Canadian region.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet GL reconciliations and follow on any issues and reconciling items.
- Assist with consolidation of the monthly results for the reporting package with variance analysis and commentary.
- Assist with quarterly external audit reviews and annual year end audits.
- Participate in the annual testing of internal controls and maintain internal control processes to adhere to public accounting standards.
- Liaise with the auditors (External/Internal/Federal and Provincial) and ensure compliance with existing audit and controls procedures.
- Assist with Financial System implementation and integration projects, including testing of various modules of the financial system.
- Collaborate with Operations (Rewards and Travel) and Client Services (KAM) teams to resolve any financial, operational or system related issues and ensure proper communication between parties.
- Collaborate with IT and Financial Systems teams to assist with issues related to financial systems operation, maintenance and integration with other systems platforms, to ensure data integrity among multiple systems.
- Assist with ad hoc analysis as required by the Planning and Corporate teams to ensure financial results are accurate and complete.
- Ad hoc financial analysis and projects as required.
Leadership attributes :
- Analysis & Decision Making – Analyzes problems and situations, and their impacts on the business and its internal and external stakeholders.
- Strategic Thinking – Aligns personal and workgroup activities to the organization’s strategic goals and leverages its network to provide value to the customers.
- Customer Centricity – Builds and delivers solutions for internal and external customers that meet and exceed their needs, identifying innovative opportunities that will benefit them, creating value added services, and working in partnership with customers to drive the business forward.
- Results Orientation – Manages performance, holding self and others accountable to effectively and efficiently complete work responsibilities. Demonstrates initiative, a strong commitment to achieving meaningful results, and acts on opportunities to create value.
- Building Collaborative Partnerships – Encourages personal achievement and excellence. Establishes authentic, genuine and open relationships inside and outside of the organization. Assists with fostering an inclusive culture that makes people feel valued and respected. Works effectively with others across the organization to achieve goals.
- Adaptability – Responds resourcefully and shows nimbleness when faced with new challenges and demands. Effectively manages the pressures and complexities of various situations. Moves forward positively and productively under conditions of change or uncertainty.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- University degree combined with a Professional Accounting designation – CPA (or in the final stages of completion)
- 5+ years progressive accounting experience
- Experience with month end reporting and general ledger reconciliations
- Experience dealing with the auditors and public company reporting is an asset
- Solid understanding of IFRS, especially revenue recognition
- Proactive and ability to multi task in a fast paced environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the team oriented approach
- Superior problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience with managing client facing solutions in collaboration with cross functional teams
- Strong understanding of relational database concepts and solid skills in Excel
- Financial accounting system (ERP) experience, PeopleSoft or Workday reporting would be an asset
Excited by this opportunity? We invite you to apply and start the conversation with us.
Apply for this Job
Apply for this job by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with "Toronto (Exchange Tower), Canada: Manager, Finance" in the subject line.