The Manager, Financial Modelling will lead financial modelling, new business pricing, and internal business casing projects within our Proprietary Loyalty business. The successful candidate will provide executives what they need to make strategic decisions – not just ‘the numbers’, but an understanding of what the numbers mean. The role will work closely with multiple departments and must handle concurrent deliverables in a fast-paced environment.
Ideally, the individual in this role is a self-starter and able to work independently; enjoys translating business challenges into quantitative analyses; loves driving a project forward; and wants to be a key member of our team.
If you feel you are a match, we have an exciting job for you!
What does it entail?
Aimia is a loyalty marketing and travel company. The projects you’ll work on will range from loyalty consulting for retail, travel, and financial clients; to modelling the evolution of our merchandise fulfillment and travel agency operations.
Specifically, the Manager, Financial Modelling will focus on these critical areas:
- Assessing our clients’ businesses, Aimia’s current business, and future business opportunities
- Developing financial models for loyalty program consulting engagements, new business pitches, and internal initiatives
- Taking ownership of financial analysis projects: Identifying internal and external stakeholders; coordinating the gathering of inputs and assumptions; managing review cycles; and helping get buy-in on recommendations. You’re not ticking boxes – you’re leading the project to an effective, on-time conclusion.
- Collaborating with internal sales, delivery, and consulting teams to come up with creative solutions that help our business cases
- Effectively communicating the important drivers, relationships, risks, and opportunities that have been uncovered your financial work – and making sure the right people in the business understand their implications
What’s required to succeed?
- University degree in Business, Commerce, Accounting or Finance or related discipline
- Accounting/finance designation (CA, CMA, CGA, or MBA), or have equivalent experience
- 3+ years of progressive, relevant experience, preferably in marketing or professional services industry
- Self-starter, with the ability to communicate and present effectively with all levels in the organization
- Intuitive thinker with solid analytical skills, great curiosity, and a drive to understand the why’s of a project
- Ability to quickly understand business issues and represent them in financial models and reporting
- Ability to build strong working relationships
- Very strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Experience with analytics tools (SQL, SAS, R, Python) and relational databases a significant asset – there’s an opportunity for this role to cross-over with our loyalty analytics team.
Excited by this opportunity? We invite you to apply and start the conversation with us.
Apply for this Job
Apply for this job by emailing email@example.com with "Toronto (Exchange Tower), Canada: Manager, Pricing & Financial Modelling" in the subject line.