Aimia is a fast-paced environment with a business casual work atmosphere, where our entire team focuses on building a great product for our clients. As part of our Software as a Service (SaaS) development team, you will be part of a small, highly focused group of technologists responsible for building our industry leading enterprise-scale loyalty marketing platform.
The Aimia Loyalty Platform is the software behind many of the customer rewards programs you already know. We service clients in the retail, consumer packaged goods, gaming, hospitality and travel sectors. Our division is expanding rapidly, as we scale out to serve clients in new markets around the globe.
The Quality Assurance position at Smart Button (an Aimia company) is one that analyzes, tests, and assists in the refinement of a multitude of software products, including our cloud-based SaaS (Software as a Service) loyalty platform, internal and external API suites, as well as customized client/server applications that support the loyalty platform itself. This role requires an individual to have a well-rounded, extensive set of technical abilities and the technical aptitude to build on this foundation. Actual testing practices include the designing of test strategies, rigorous testing of a wide array of bugs and features and contribution to the ongoing effort of building our automation testing framework to ensure that all products are continuously tested for monitoring purposes and for pre-release verification.
- Write complex software code for testing software systems, implementing test harnesses and building testing infrastructures as necessary for functional areas of cloud-based SaaS loyalty platform application.
- Build and maintain automation testing framework for cloud-based SaaS loyalty platform application to validate all functional aspects across multiple client configurations, web infrastructures and custom user interfaces with Selenium, C#, Python.
- Build sustainable and reliable API web service tests, integrating them into continuous monitoring and testing systems utilizing Visual Basic, Specflow, Gherkins, Cucumber.
- Evaluate current software functionality and create test strategies, as well as test cases which cover integration and end-user scenarios.
- Create ad-hoc tests using SoapUI in order to validate XML requests and responses for API web service testing purposes.
- Work collaboratively with software development team and product support teams using distribute version control and “ticketed” support systems.
- Troubleshoot and debug software to find root causes for performance issues using Microsoft development and SQL database-related software tools.
- Analyze and validate new technical requirements and assist in the development of a quality strategy for the refinement and completion of new features.
- Proactively report product readiness status and effectively apply solutions that assess and mitigate risks for product releases.
- Participate in an agile software development process which delivers a new product release to all clients every six to eight (6-8) weeks.
Key QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related subject is required.
- Minimum 3 years of Agile QA Testing.
- Knowledge of common testing patterns (Functional, Regression, Integration, Acceptance and Performance Testing).
- Experience using Automated Testing Frameworks (Selenium, TestComplete, etc.).
- Solid understanding of web technologies (HTML, XML, SOAP, REST and HTTP).
- Ability to generate and manipulate batch data files (Excel, SQL, etc.).
- Ticketed Issue Tracking system (Fogbugz, Salesforce).
- Source control (TFS, Azure DevOps, SourceGear Vault, etc.).
- Familiarity with Microsoft ASP.NET development tools and practices.