Senior Analyst, ISS Analytics
What is it about:
Are you excited about developing and implementing cutting edge analytics? Would you like to be a core part of the dynamic team creating next generation analytical products? Do you enjoy a seemingly impossible challenge and the opportunity to create solutions?
When you join Aimia you will be part of the ISS Analytics team dedicated to putting world leading analytics into products used by some of the biggest retail companies worldwide. Example projects range from R&D projects probing the latest developments in machine learning to implementing scalable solutions for our Analytics suite of products.
You will play a critical role in generating ideas, developing solutions and leading analytical thinking in your specialist area. You will also have autonomy to drive improvements and efficiencies in the way we deliver solutions at ISS.
You will develop both your business acumen and technical background through training and exposure to clients and senior executives.
What will you be doing:
- You’ll research and implement analytical solutions to consumer and retail business problems
- You’ll use your coding skills and the very latest technologies to analyse rich transactional data sets from across the globe
- You’ll develop products that embed analytical solutions into great looking web-based tools
- You’ll keep up to date with latest methods and technologies through active participation in meet ups and technical discussion groups
- You’ll explore and improve technologies/methodologies, proactively looking to improve the analytical standards throughout ISS analytics
- You’ll work nimbly in an agile and fast passed team
What we like you to have:
- A university degree (2:1 or higher) in a numerate/ statistics discipline
- Deep knowledge of SQL
- Experienced user of R, Python or other statistical modelling software.
- Proven success of collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to provide smooth, issue free execution of projects.
- Experience in applying machine learning techniques to large, ideally, consumer databases.
Nice to have:
- Worked with retail data in an analytical function
- Experience of working in a fast paced team: “Lean start-up” style working
- Experience using Spark, AWS, Git
- Experience building dashboards in Tableau
This role will suit you if:
- You have an extraordinary curiosity and thirst for learning new technical skills.
- You enjoy getting “under the hood” of an algorithm and understanding how and why it works
- You enjoy working independently to discover the brand new and better solution
Who we are:
At ISS we decode the ‘messages’ that customers leave in the data and help translate them into simple, actionable insights and enable effective business decisions throughout an organization.
Our mission is to help our clients sustainably grow sales and profits by helping them create relevant, engaging and inspiring shopping experiences and personalized interactions driven by deep customer intelligence.
We believe that retail success comes from understanding each customer, providing tailored, engaging shopping experiences for them, and growing their loyalty through relevant personalized interactions. Unlocking the potential of customer data is the key for brands that wish to understand their customers better.
For more information visit https://intelligentshoppersolutions.com
At Aimia, we believe in making business personal. We do this by helping companies create better relationships with their best customers. Across our global business we offer a full suite of loyalty services. Through our Insights and Loyalty Solutions business, we have the capability to provide clients with ready-made or custom-built loyalty platforms, deliver a range of professional services to help implement, manage and measure the success of loyalty programmes and help clients understand their customers and their needs to enable decisions that transform businesses.
We’re incredibly proud of our culture at Aimia. We work in what we call a Nimble way. This doesn’t only apply to our office environment but is also reflected in our approach to the way we work. We’re always on hand to help you perform at your best and have regular performance conversations to make sure we’re on track to achieve our goals. We’ve created an inclusive culture that welcomes and supports everyone at Aimia, and we regularly host events throughout the year to celebrate events from different cultures. While working with us, you’ll have the chance to contribute to our social purpose journey by using one paid working day per year to give back to your local community. We’ve done everything from helping out at charity fashion shows to helping cook breakfast for London’s homeless.
So, what are you waiting for? Get in touch to start your journey at Aimia!
Apply for this Job
Apply for this job by emailing email@example.com with "London (Strand), United Kingdom: Senior Analyst" in the subject line.