MORE ABOUT AIMIA AND WHAT WE DO:
Loyalty management is the process of identifying, understanding and influencing the best customers in order to build sustained, reciprocal and meaningful relationships that increase profits and drive long term enterprise value. We are Aimia and it is our vision to be the recognised global leader in loyalty management.
Across our global enterprise we offer a full suite of services delivered through three loyalty service streams:
- Coalition Loyalty – designing, building and managing multi-partner and shared currency loyalty programs around the globe
- Insights & LoyaltySolutions – designing, building and managing strategic business and customer loyalty programs for individual clients around the globe.
Analytics is at the forefront of what we do analysing and deriving actionable insight from customer data to deliver measurable marketing ROI for clients and partners around the globe.
Here in Asia Pacific, Aimia has proven experience in partnering with clients to deliver leading proprietary loyalty programs across the region. Our loyalty service experts design, launch and operate new client programs, re-launch, refresh and operate existing client programs and bring our digital, mobile and analytical expertise to bear on behalf of clients. As we continue on our journey to realise our vision to be the recognised global leader in loyalty management, we are actively building out our capability to offer increased services across the loyalty analytics and coalition loyalty streams.
POSITION OVERALL PURPOSE AND CONTEXT:
Do you get a kick out of understanding and engineering data solutions to meet a client’s analytical requirement? Are you or have you been a data technology geek? Are you passionate about creating ease, speed and flexibility in data solutions for onward use in analytics? Have you got the real world scars to remind you that the adoption of standards and best practice is key to creating scale and manageability? Can you work with a high-performing team that shares your world-view?
The IT arena places much focus on the design and development of databases and data warehouse solutions ensuring that technology literate personnel are in place to do so. Often what is overlooked is ensuring that there are people in place who are experts in the data itself. This role fixes this problem.
Aimia – ILS is in the data business. The data capability underpins the creation of integrated solutions for our clients and enables the delivery of our Analytical & Insight (A&I) services. Thus, creating an appropriate data solution is key to all of ILS’s client engagements. The Senior Analyst – Data Design – ILS will be responsible for understanding the client’s data requirements and translating into an effect data posture for ILS analysts, the Creative and Campaign team, external 3rd party agents or client consumption.
The role is suited to a database professional experienced with data warehousing technology, who has excellent data design to build and maintain data layer in our global data warehouse.
The Senior Analyst – Data Design – ILS will play an important role in the A&I function by bridging the gap between the data engineering practice and the commercial business, being able to speak the language of both and supporting the analysts in A&I to render client requirements. The role would be to use your expert understanding of data to be able to build, maintain, troubleshoot and improve our client data solutions.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Manage and prepare the data in the data environment for an end consumption point e.g. Tableau reports, A&I modelling, campaign execution, ad hoc views and export files for onward carriage to 3rd party or client.
- Working closely with key stakeholders to understand the new data requirements and translate these into high level requirement documents for further action
- Build reports and dashboard with automation process in place
- Pro-actively identify opportunities for data quality improvements, and/or improved process efficiencies to use data more effectively in ways that can deliver incremental value and improve end user satisfaction with the consumption of services at the end point e.g. Tableau.
- Recognize common data requirements across solutions and working to ensure that common processes and procedures are implemented and followed.
- Write a documentation for each project and/or solution implementation
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & TRAITS:
The successful candidate must have extensive experience of the following:
- Data management role for at least 3 years.
- Excellent Database and DWH development (working on 100+ million row) using SQL and building for performance
- Experience in preparing data solutions for analytical teams, with a proven track record of developing user friendly data layers to ensure complete understanding of design and efficiency of use
- ETL/ELT process knowledge
- DWH modelling knowledge, especially Ralph Kimball’s Data Warehousing methodology
- Client facing experience, working with client stakeholders to understand and document their requirements, translating these into innovative and effective data solutions to be presented and proposed back to clients
- Designing, developing and testing innovative and fit for purpose approaches to solving business problems
- Must be comfortable managing, manipulating and preparing data, from operational support tasks to improving global Aimia Data Design standards
In addition, the individual:
- Must be an effective communicator at all levels; communicating complex technical issues clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Must be a team player, supportive and collaborative
- Must demonstrate initiative and proactive attitude
- Must have the ability to take ownership of tasks and activities and regularly report progress
- Must have the ability to understand business processes
- Must have good documentation skills
- Must have excellent attention to detail
Apply for this Job
Apply for this job by emailing email@example.com with "Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia: Senior Data Solution Analyst" in the subject line.