Montreal, QC, January 28, 2011 – With Valentine’s Day right around the corner, many shoppers are on the hunt for that perfect gift for that special someone. Aeroplan has ten sweet ideas that offer up a number of tips and suggestions on unique and fabulous gifts that say Happy Valentine’s Day from the heart:
1. Share with your Valentine a one-of-a-kind experience such as: A chauffeured Ice Wine Tour in Niagara-on-the-Lake to five wineries for 8,000 Aeroplan Miles, a Baths experience at Scandinave Spa in Blue Mountain, Montreal, Mont Tremblant or Whistler starting at 13,000 Aeroplan Miles or even a two-hour Circle Line Sunset Cruise for two people down the Hudson River in New York City for 5,500 miles. Visit www.aeroplan.com/activities for more options.
2. Whisk your sweetheart away with the gift of travel – Aeroplan Members can use miles to redeem for certificates to pay a portion of an Air Canada Vacations dream getaway to the Caribbean, Vegas, Europe, South America and more. Members can also use their miles for a flight to travel to more than 1,000 destinations worldwide or on a hotel or car rental such as Avis, Fairmont Hotels & Resorts or Westin Hotels and Resorts and more.
3. Charm your Valentine with items like designer handbags from Dooney and Bourke and Michael Kors, a variety of jewellery, watches and accessories or men’s and women’s fragrances.
4. Lavish your honey with luxury – Members can use their miles on a number of luxury villas from Luxury Retreats including villas in Barbados, Hawaii, Mexico, Turks and Caicos and Tuscany or redeem for a $1,000 gift certificate that can be used toward the rental cost of any of the 1,800 properties around the world.
5. Convert miles into musical kisses – The Aeroplan Music Store is an online music store where Aeroplan Members can use their miles for music codes to download songs or albums. Visit www.aeroplanmusicstore.com to make your loved one a favourite playlist full of love songs. And until February 28, 2011 – save 1,000 miles when you redeem for a 50-song music code!
6. Spread the joy this Valentine’s Day with Aeroplan’s “Money Can’t Buy” Rewards – Members can redeem their miles for a variety of rewards that are unique to the Aeroplan program such as an autographed photo of Harry Connick Jr. or Michael Bublé’s autographed Serengeti sunglasses and 5 piece CD/DVD collection. 100 per cent of the proceeds from these redemptions will go to Aeroplan’s Beyond Miles charitable partner War Child Canada.
7. Cruise into their heart – Aeroplan Members can use miles to pay for a portion of a cruise with ExpediaCruiseShipCenters.
8.Indulge your Valentine with a Gourmet basket filled with sweets, cookies and other fine treats starting at 6,500 miles.
9. Give the gift of choice – One of Aeroplan’s most popular rewards are the 60+ gift cards for retailers such as Costco, The Body Shop, Fruits & Passion, Home Hardware, Pottery Barn, Starbucks and more starting at 5,000 Aeroplan Miles.
10. Surprise your Valentine with a gift that gives back – Aeroplan Members can donate Aeroplan Miles through its Beyond Miles program to nine Canadian charitable organizations that are committed to improving lives and enriching communities including: Athletes for Africa, Earth Day Canada, Engineers Without Borders-Canada, Médecins Sans Frontières-Canada, Schools Without Borders, The Stephen Lewis Foundation, Veterinarians Without Borders-Canada and War Child Canada. In addition to supporting these organizations, Beyond Miles also supports Air Canada’s Kids’ Horizons, a program dedicated to enhancing the quality of life of Canadian children and youth and their families. To donate your miles, visit www.aeroplan.com/donate.
For more information or to review all of Aeroplan’s rewards, please visit: www.aeroplan.com/myrewards and click on Valentine’s Gift Ideas.
In addition, Aeroplan Members can earn miles as they shop online this Valentine’s Day. The Aeroplan eStore features over 120 retailers such as Chapters.Indigo.ca, O’Connor Florist and La Senza from 12 different product categories including jewellery, flowers and lingerie. Members can shop online and earn 1 Aeroplan Mile for every $1 that they spend and as a bonus, members can earn up to 3x the miles at select retailers. Visit: www.aeroplan.com/eStore for more details.
Aeroplan, Canada’s premier coalition loyalty program, is owned by Groupe Aeroplan Inc., a global leader in loyalty management.
Aeroplan’s millions of members earn Aeroplan Miles with its growing network of over 75 world-class partners, representing more than 150 brands in the financial, retail, and travel sectors.
In 2010, over 2 million rewards were issued to members including more than 1.3 million flights on Air Canada and Star Alliance carriers which offer travel to more than 1,000 destinations worldwide. In addition to flights, members also have access to over 800 exciting specialty, merchandise, hotel, car rental and experiential rewards.
For more information about Aeroplan, please visit www.aeroplan.com or www.groupeaeroplan.com.
For more information, please contact: