All proceeds from redemptions go to War Child Canada
Montreal, QC, April 13, 2010 – Aeroplan today announced the launch of a brand new suite of rewards called “Money Can’t Buy.” Members can now redeem their Aeroplan Miles for a variety of rewards that are unique to the Aeroplan program, including everything from guitars autographed by major musicians to a football signed by Michael “Pinball” Clemmons with accompanying tickets to an Argos game. 100 per cent of the proceeds from these redemptions will go to Aeroplan’s Beyond Miles partner, War Child Canada.
“We are very excited to offer these truly one-of-a-kind rewards to our members,” said Craig Landry, Senior Vice President, Commercial, Aeroplan. “This new rewards category will give members access to items that they might not be able to purchase elsewhere and ultimately give members more choice when it comes to reward options.”
Following are some examples of the Money Can’t Buy Rewards selection:
· Sabian Drum Cymbal signed by Neil Peart, drummer and lyricist for Canada’s rock band Rush –141,000 Aeroplan Miles;
· Gibson guitar signed by Metric – 59,000 Aeroplan Miles;
· Gibson Acoustic Guitar signed by Jim Cuddy, singer and guitarist from Blue Rodeo – 117,500 Aeroplan Miles;
· Gibson Epiphone Guitar signed by Moby – 94,000 Aeroplan Miles
Money Can’t Buy Rewards are available on aeroplan.com and new rewards will be added on an ongoing basis.
In addition, in support of Aeroplan’s sponsorship of Luminato, Toronto Festival of Arts and Creativity, Aeroplan will be offering limited and exclusive access to some of the Festival’s most sought after events. Starting at 30,000 Aeroplan Miles, these Luminato experiential rewards were exclusively created for Aeroplan.
· VIP passes for two to the Luminato Festival’s Artist’s Lounge and top category seating at The Infernal Comedy: Confessions of a Serial Killer starring Academy Award nominee John Malkovich – 36,000 Aeroplan Miles;
· VIP viewing for two to Luminato First Night, featuring Sass Jordan and Melanie Fiona coupled with a personalized “Diva” hair and make-up application at the L’Oréal Paris tent – 30,000 Aeroplan Miles;
· VIP invitations for two to an exclusive post-performance party with Canadian musical superstar Rufus Wainwright and the cast of Prima Donna and seating for opening night of the show – 47,500 Aeroplan Miles
To view the full list of Money Can’t Buy Aeroplan Rewards or the Luminato Exclusive Events, please visit: www.aeroplan.com/activities or to donate Aeroplan Miles to War Child Canada or any of the Beyond Miles partners, please visit: www.aeroplan.com/donate.
Aeroplan, Canada’s premier coalition loyalty program, is owned by Groupe Aeroplan Inc., a global leader in loyalty management.
Aeroplan’s millions of members earn Aeroplan Miles with its growing network of over 75 world-class partners, representing more than 150 brands in the financial, retail, and travel sectors.
In 2009, over 2.1 million rewards were issued to members including more than 1.5 million flights on Air Canada and Star Alliance carriers which offer travel to more than 1,000 destinations worldwide. In addition to flights, members also have access to over 600 exciting specialty, merchandise, hotel, car rental and experiential rewards.
For more information about Aeroplan, please visit www.aeroplan.com or www.groupeaeroplan.com.
For more information, please contact:
Christa Poole Aeroplan 416-352-3745