Montreal, QC – January 14, 2009 – With one month to go until Valentine’s Day, many shoppers will undoubtedly be looking for creative and unique gifts as they shop for their loved ones. Whether you’re looking for a night on the town with a few friends, a one-of-a-kind gift for that special someone or even an afternoon tea date with Mom, Aeroplan offers some interesting options for that perfect Valentine’s gift.
Redeem Aeroplan Miles for gifts
Members can redeem miles for a variety of unique rewards such as:
• A selection of over 65 gift cards starting at 5,500 Miles
• Designer handbags, watches, and accessories for all tastes starting at 6,500 Miles
• Women’s perfumes and men’s cologne starting at 8,500 Miles
• A 2 hour chocolate making workshop in Vancouver – 5,000 Miles
• Swarovski crystal jewelry, Birks sterling silver jewelry starting at 9,500 Miles
• Afternoon tea at select hotel locations across Canada starting at 10,500 Miles
• Electronics for the gadget lover – a hot pink pocket-sized video camera for 19,000 Miles or an iPod for the music lover starting at 9,500 Miles
• 1 day Cessna flying experience at 22,500 Miles
• A gourmet wine tour and dinner for two – 29,000 Miles
• Cirque du Soleil Cirque 2009 Tapis Rouge ticket with preferred seating at either the Montreal,
Quebec City or Toronto performance – 30,000 Miles
• One personal chef experience in your home for four people – 41,000 Miles
• A luxurious day at the spa at 43,500 Miles
“Shoppers are paying more attention to special offers and becoming savvier with how they are earning and using their Aeroplan Miles,” said Nathalie Belanger, General Manager, Rewards Management, Aeroplan. “Aeroplan has a lot of highly imaginative gifts for people who are hard to buy for and we’ve found that jewellery and watches have been the most popular choices around Valentine’s Day for our members.”
Earn Aeroplan Miles for gifts
Aeroplan also offers members an easy way to earn miles as they shop online this Valentine’s Day:
The Aeroplan eStore (www.aeroplan.com/eStore) features over 100 retailers such as ICE.com, OConnorFlorist.ca and LaSenza from 12 different product categories including jewellery, flowers and lingerie. Members can shop online and earn 1 Aeroplan Mile for every $1 that they spend and members can earn double the miles if they pay with one of their Aeroplan affiliated financial cards.
For a complete listing of rewards, visit: www.aeroplan.com/mrch/ and click on Valentine’s Day Gift Ideas or to shop online at the Aeroplan eStore visit www.aeroplan.com/eStore.
Celebrating its 25 th anniversary in 2009, Aeroplan, Canada’s premier loyalty program, is owned by Groupe Aeroplan Inc., a leading international loyalty management corporation.
Aeroplan’s millions of members earn Aeroplan Miles with its growing network of over 70 world-class partners, representing more than 150 brands in the financial, retail, and travel sectors.
In 2008, over 2 million rewards were issued to members including more than 1.5 million round-trip flights on Air Canada and Star Alliance carriers which offer travel to approximately 975 destinations worldwide. In addition to flights, members also have access to over 600 exciting specialty, merchandise, hotel, car rental and experiential rewards.
For more information about Aeroplan, please visit www.groupeaeroplan.com or www.aeroplan.com.
For more information, please contact: