Members can earn miles with Avis Car Rental, Budget Car Rental and Payless Car Rental
Montreal, March 2, 2017 – Aeroplan today announced that as part of its newly expanded agreement with Avis Budget Group, a leading global provider of vehicle rental services, members can now earn and redeem Aeroplan Miles on all car rentals in Canada, the United States and internationally with Avis Car Rental and Budget Car Rental. In addition, members will be able to earn and redeem miles with Payless Car Rental in the coming months.
“We’re here to help create meaningful moments for our members. The addition of Budget, soon to be followed by Payless, means more choice, value and increased flexibility for our members when they’re booking car rentals for both business and leisure,” said Kevin O’Brien, Chief Client Officer, Aeroplan. “Aeroplan will also help deliver value to Avis Budget Group by using data analytics to maximize member relevancy and value through optimized offers.”
Aeroplan Members benefit from the following:
Avis Car Rental:
- Earn – Members will continue to earn 500 Aeroplan Miles for each eligible Avis car rental at participating airport locations in Canada, the United States or internationally and 250 Aeroplan Miles for each eligible rental at participating off-airport locations in Canada, the United States and internationally.
- Redeem – Members can continue to redeem Aeroplan Miles for Avis car rentals starting at 5,000 miles for any date and destination within Canada, the United States, Europe and many international locations including Australia, New Zealand and Latin America. Plus, members also receive 250 miles back every time they redeem miles for a rental with Avis. If they prefer, members can also use their miles to get Avis rental certificates worth $50 or $100 on aeroplan.com.
Budget Car Rental:
- Earn – Starting today, members can earn 250 Aeroplan Miles for each eligible rental with Budget at participating locations on- and off-airport in Canada, the United States and abroad.
- Redeem – Members can now use their miles to get Budget rental certificates worth $50 or $100 on aeroplan.com. Soon, members will also be able to redeem Aeroplan Miles for Budget car rentals for their choice of date and destination and will be able to earn 100 miles every time they do so.
Payless Car Rental:
- Coming soon. Visit aeroplan.com for more details.
“We’re excited to expand our long-standing partnership with Aeroplan,” said Stephen Wright, Senior Vice President, Travel, Partnerships and Associations, Avis Budget Group. “Each of our car rental brands appeals to a different type of consumer – one who appreciates premium service, one who desires great value or one looking for a no-frills option – Aeroplan members can now find a rental to fit their needs locally or when traveling around the globe.”
To celebrate the launch of this exciting new expanded partnership, from March 2 – June 30, 2017, members can earn up to 3,500 bonus Aeroplan Miles when renting from Avis and up to 1,500 bonus Aeroplan Miles when choosing Budget. Members can also get 3x the miles back if they redeem and rent from Avis before May 31, 2017. For full details on these promotions, please visit: www.aeroplan.com. In addition, we’re giving members the chance to win some amazing prizes in our Win the Road Contest. Visit aeroplan.com/WinTheRoad for more information.
To earn Aeroplan Miles, present your Aeroplan card or number when you rent from Avis or Budget. In addition, be sure to visit www.aeroplan.com to learn how you can save up to 25% on base rates when renting with Avis or Budget. Don’t forget, members can use their Aeroplan-affiliated credit card when paying for their car rental to earn twice as many miles.
Aeroplan, Canada’s premier coalition loyalty program, is owned by Aimia Inc., a data-driven marketing and loyalty analytics company.
Aeroplan’s millions of members earn Aeroplan Miles with its growing network of over 75 world-class partners, representing more than 150 brands in the financial, retail, and travel sectors.
In 2016, approximately 2.5 million rewards were issued to members including 1.9 million flights on Air Canada and Star Alliance carriers which offer travel to more than 1,300 destinations worldwide. In addition to flights, members also have access to over 1,000 exciting specialty, merchandise, hotel, car rental and experiential rewards.
About Avis Budget Group
Avis Budget Group, Inc. is a leading global provider of vehicle rental services, both through its Avis and Budget brands, which have more than 11,000 rental locations in approximately 180 countries around the world, and through its Zipcar brand, which is the world’s leading car sharing network, with more than one million members. Avis Budget Group operates most of its car rental offices in North America, Europe and Australia directly, and operates primarily through licensees in other parts of the world. Avis Budget Group has approximately 30,000 employees and is headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. More information is available at www.avisbudgetgroup.com.
For more information, please contact:
Avis Budget Group