Company Recognized for Fourth Consecutive Year
“Because of their passion for our members and each other, our employees are the key to our success as a company. Several initiatives were introduced in 2011, thanks to our employees’ commitment to delivering value to our members such as the launch of the Last Minute Travel Tool, enhancements to the flight reward booking platform giving members greater choice and exclusive flights for our members,” said Kevin O’Brien, Chief Commercial Officer, Aeroplan. “We’ve also launched a number of unique initiatives internally such as a new service recognition program designed to award employees with Aeroplan Miles and an opportunity to give back to the community by helping raise awareness of homeless youth with Dans la rue through Aeroplan Days, an annual event that brings our employees together in team building initiatives to foster team spirit and create a sense of unity.”
This year, the editors indicated Aeroplan was selected because it:
- offers great financial benefits including referral bonuses, year-end bonuses, and a share purchase plan available to all employees;
- promotes giving back to our local communities through paid volunteer time off;
- offers employees opportunities to go on employee engagement trips across the world with its Beyond Miles partners to share skills, observe and learn about the essential support they provide, giving them an experience of a lifetime;
- provides maternity and parental leave top-up payments to employees who are new mothers
- helps employees save for retirement with contributions to a defined benefit pension plan and matching RSP contributions;
- supports ongoing employee development with tuition subsidies for courses taken at outside institutions, subsidies for professional accreditation, in-house training initiatives, and career planning services.
“Being named a Top Employer in Montreal for a fourth consecutive year is an important recognition and reflects the ongoing efforts we are making to ensure we foster an environment that fuels success for our employees,” added O’Brien.
Now entering its eighth year, Montreal’s Top Employers is an annual competition organized by the editors of Canada’s Top 100 Employers. This special designation recognizes the Montreal-area employers that lead their industries in offering exceptional places to work based on criteria including: Physical Workplace, Work Atmosphere & Social, Health, Financial & Family Benefits, Vacation & Time Off, Employee Communications, Performance Management, Training & Skills Development and Community Involvement.
For more information, please visit: www.canadastop100.com/montreal.
Aeroplan, Canada’s premier coalition loyalty program, is owned by Groupe Aeroplan Inc., doing business as Aimia, a global leader in loyalty management.
Aeroplan’s millions of members earn Aeroplan Miles with its growing network of over 75 world-class partners, representing more than 150 brands in the financial, retail, and travel sectors.
In 2011, approximately 2.3 million rewards were issued to members including more than 1.5 million flights on Air Canada and Star Alliance carriers which offer travel to more than 1,000 destinations worldwide. In addition to flights, members also have access to over 1,000 exciting specialty, merchandise, hotel, car rental and experiential rewards.
For more information, please contact: