Earn More Miles through Social Media and Gamification Activities
Montreal, QC, March 7, 2013 – Aeroplan today announced that members can earn bonus miles during the “Aeroplan Star Challenge” promotion.
Starting March 11 until April 10, 2013, members can earn up to 25,000 bonus miles with more than 100 participating partners when they shop and collect Aeroplan Stars. Participating partners include: Air Canada, CIBC, American Express, Avis, Esso, Home Hardware, Birks, Fairmont Hotels and Resorts, Starwood hotels and many more. Members can also earn when they shop online through Aeroplan eStoreretailers such as: indigo.ca, Apple Store Canada, Gap.ca, the Shopping Channel and more.
“Last year, millions of miles were earned during Aeroplan’s Star Challenge promotion,” said David Klein, Vice President, Innovation & Marketing, Aeroplan. “Based on member response, we learned that our members enjoyed playing the challenge to earn stars and ultimately get bonus miles. We wanted to give members another chance to play the game to help them get to their reward goal sooner and showcase all the accumulation opportunities that exist with our many partners. We also introduced a social media component so be sure to visit Aeroplan’s Facebook page to earn even more miles.”
New this year, Aeroplan is introducing an opportunity for members to earn Stars through their social engagement on Aeroplan’s Facebook page. Leveraging a new social gamification platform called Friendefi, the Facebook application tracks members’ social activities including answering a trivia question, following Aeroplan on Twitter or inviting friends. To create a fun and engaging experience for members, the application also includes various game elements such as leaderboards. Starting today, Aeroplan Members who engage in social media activities can earn up to 9 Stars for specific actions such as sharing, liking, following and recommending. For more details, visit Aeroplan’s Facebook page at:www.facebook.com/aeroplan.
HOW TO PLAY AEROPLAN’S STAR CHALLENGE:
- Members need to register on aeroplan.com/star or by texting STAR and their Aeroplan Number to 23333.
- Members earn Aeroplan Stars by shopping and using the services of participating Aeroplan Partners when they show or swipe their Aeroplan Card
- Financial partners – Earn 2 Stars for every $1,000 block of spend – up to10 Stars with American Express and CIBC.
- Airline partners – Earn 5 Stars per segment with Air Canada by booking travel between March 11 and April 10, 2013 and flying March 11 to April 30, 2013, or earn 3 Stars for each Star Alliance partner you fly with between March 11 and April 10, 2013.
- Retail partners such as Esso and Home Hardware– Earn 2 Stars per transaction.
- Non Air Travel partners such as Avis and Starwood – Earn up to 5 Stars per transaction depending on the partner.
How many Stars equal Aeroplan Miles?
- If a member reaches 50 stars = up to 2,500 Bonus Aeroplan Miles;
- If a member reaches 100 stars = up to 25,000 Bonus Aeroplan Miles.
In addition, each star a member earns is a chance to win 1 of 10 prizes of 500,000 miles.
For more information on the Aeroplan Star Challenge, to view a how-to-play video or a full list of participating partners & complete details or conditions, please visit:www.aeroplan.com/star.
Aeroplan, Canada’s premier coalition loyalty program, is owned by Aimia Inc., a global leader in loyalty management.
Aeroplan’s millions of members earn Aeroplan Miles with its growing network of over 75 world-class partners, representing more than 150 brands in the financial, retail, and travel sectors.
In 2012, approximately 2.3 million rewards were issued to members including more than 1.5 million flights on Air Canada and Star Alliance carriers which offer travel to more than 1,000 destinations worldwide. In addition to flights, members also have access to over 1,000 exciting specialty, merchandise, hotel, car rental and experiential rewards.
For more information, please contact: